- ICML 2020 Tutorial on Submodular Optimization: From Discrete to Continuous and Back
- ISIT 2018 tutorial on “Submodularity in Information and Data Science”.
- CVPR 2018 tutorial “Big Data Summarization: Algorithms and Applications” in CVPR 2018.
- Amin Karbasi joint with Yaron Singer, Jeff A Bilmes, Andreas Krause, and Stefanie Jegelka, organized Discrete Structures in Machine Learning workshop at NIPS 2017.
- Amin Karbasi joint with Yasaman Bahri, Quanquan Gu, and Hanie Sedghi organized Overparameterization: Pitfalls & Opportunities workshop in ICML 2021.
Julia Robinson Mathematical Festival:
In the last two years, and with the help of Yale’s Pathway to Science, I have co-organized Julia Robinson Mathematical festival at Yale. It is a celebration of mathematics where high school students come together to work collaboratively in groups to solve fun math problems.
Amin Karbasi is a member of the technical program committee:
International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 (area chair), 2019 (area chair), 2020 (area chair)
Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018 (area chair), 2019 (area chair), 2020 (area chair)
Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2019 (Senior Program Committee), 2020 (Senior Program Committee)
International Conference on Learning Theory (COLT) 2020 (Senior Program Committee)
AAAI, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020 (Senior Program Committee)
ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge and Discovery, and Data Mining (KDD) 2017, 2018
SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM), 2018
ACM/SIGMETRICS, 2015, 2016
International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2016, 2020 (Senior Program Committee)
Topics in Theoretical Computer Science (TTCS), 2015
Data Mining for Educational Assessment and Feedback (ASSESS), 2014, 2015
I have been very fortunate to advise the following freshmen students at Yale: Eric Duong, J Joseph, Greg Naratil, Elizabeth Bays, Anthony Ji, John Dallard, Hristo Staykov, Antonio Medina, Jason Kim, Preston Smith, Calvin Schwart, Harshal Sheth, Evelyn Huang, Madison Papir, Kenny Wang, Dan Shao, Kenia Hale